Each student will make a map of the country of his/her choice, other than the United States.
Pick country by: Tuesday, September 22
Project due by: Thursday, October 22
Items included on large poster board:
* Map drawn – not traced or printed
* Name of country should be prominently listed on the poster
* Major cities (including the country’s capital), major rivers, mountains, deserts, and other geographical features should be labeled on your map.
* The country’s products and natural resources should be shown on your map.
* The country’s flag
The students may use a variety of materials on their maps. Paint, clay, sand, foil, and various kinds of paper can be used. To show the products and natural resources, students can affix an actual sample to the map, or they may choose symbols to represent the products and resources.
* Two keys need to be included. A key should be included on the map for the cities, capital, rivers, mountains, deserts, and other features with explanation of symbols used; and a key for natural resources and products to explain the symbols used.
* Pictures of important things in that country should be put on the poster. Put a caption with each picture. Make sure the caption is in your own words.
* In the bottom corner, include your name.
* Include two paragraphs in your own words about the country on your poster.
* Everything must be typed.
* Remember: Creativity and neatness will be considered in the grade.
Geography Project Grading Sheet
Map Drawing __________ worth 15 points
Map / Capital and major cities,
mountains, desserts, rivers, etc. __________ worth 15 points
Map / Natural Resources __________ worth 15 points
Paragraphs __________ worth 15 points
Map Keys __________ worth 5 points
Pictures w/ captions __________ worth 7 points
Flag __________ worth 5 points
Name of country prominently shown __________ worth 3 points
Everything typed or stenciled __________ worth 3 points
Your name in bottom corner __________ worth 2 points
Creativity and neatness __________ worth 10 points
_________________________ __________ worth 5 points
*One day late 15% off __________
*Two days late 30% off __________
*Three days late – you will receive a zero
FINAL GRADE __________