Each student will make a map of the country of his/her choice, other than the United States.
Pick country by: September 27
Project due by: October 30
Items included on large poster board:
* Map drawn – not traced or printed
* Name of country should be prominently listed on the poster
* Major cities (including the country’s capital), major rivers, mountains, deserts, and other geographical features should be labeled on your map.
* The country’s products and natural resources should be shown on your map.
* The country’s flag
The students may use a variety of materials on their maps. Paint, clay, sand, foil, and various kinds of paper can be used. To show the products and natural resources, students can affix an actual sample to the map, or they may choose symbols to represent the products and resources.
* Two keys need to be included. A key should be included on the map for the cities, capital, rivers, mountains, deserts, and other features with explanation of symbols used; and a key for natural resources and products to explain the symbols used.
* Pictures of important things in that country should be put on the poster. Put a caption with each picture. Make sure the caption is in your own words.
* In the bottom corner, include your name.
* Include two paragraphs in your own words about the country on your poster.
* Everything must be typed.
** Remember: Creativity and neatness will be considered in the grade.